As a teenager I devoured novel after novel in my maths class, which explains why I still don’t understand using the alphabet in equations. I discovered a stack of tattered paperbacks hidden in my mother’s wardrobe featuring scantily clad women wrapped around bare-chested hunks. Who needs a pimply-faced teenage boyfriend when you can have book boyfriends, right? So as a child I got my first taste of Happily Ever After in fairy-tales, but after reading romance—I was hooked.
Fuelled by copious amounts of coffee, I’m now a USA Today Bestselling author of contemporary romantic fiction set predominantly in New Zealand. Small-towns, close communities, and families are a big part of the heart-warming stories I love to write. Oh, and hot, down-to-earth heroes—real Kiwi men, in other words.
When I’m not writing, thinking about writing, or procrastinating about writing, I can be found reading sexy books of all romance genres and nibbling on smuggled chocolate bars. What? You were expecting me to say free-dive training, hiking the world-famous Rakiura track on Stewart Island, and restoring classic cars? Nope, sorry. I’ll leave such excitement to my characters as they explore their worlds and find the love of their lives.
I love hearing from readers, so please feel free to contact me using the form below.
My review policy: I choose not to review other peoples’ books as I’m not a book blogger/reviewer, but an author with very few spare hours in the day! There are lots of wonderful book bloggers and reviewers about…Google is your friend.
Proud Member of:
A few of my favorite things:
- Authors: Nora Roberts, Jill Shalvis, Kristan Higgins, Nalini Singh, Susan Mallery, Diana Gabaldon, Stephen King the list goes on and on…
- Movies: Forrest Gump, Enchanted, The Blind Side, The Help, Ever After – and anything involving zombies.
- TV shows: The Walking Dead, Supernatural, The Big Bang Theory, Grey’s Anatomy, E.R, Orange is the New Black, House. Okay, ALL THE NETFLIX.
- Music: 70’s and 80’s (yeah, showing my age, how uncool). Right now I’ve got Lady Antebellum playing over and over in the car – drives the kids nuts. Score!
- Food & Beverage: Chocolate and Coffee – honestly, what more does a girl need?
- Place to travel: America – our family has been on 5 road trips across the USA – 38 states and counting.
- Sexiest man alive: Er, apart from my husband? Toss up between Jensen Ackles and Bear Grylls. Bear’s name would appear on my ‘One item to take to a desert island’ and Jensen’s if there’s ever a zombie apocalypse.